For almost twenty years, Attorney Stephanie Woodard has worked in the field of employment law. Stephanie has represented both individuals and small businesses in all types of claims. We represent clients in Alabama and Mississippi.
Legal Assistance for Employees
Woodard Law Firm in Columbus, Mississippi, is here to help you if you are an employee who has been fired, denied a promotion and/or suffered some other type of workplace discrimination or negative job action based on your race, gender, age, religion or disability.
Woodard Law also represents clients who have been denied Family and Medical Leave, denied overtime pay, or have been subjected to sexual harassment in the workplace.
Legal Assistance For Employers
Woodard Law Firm assists small businesses in complying with state and federal employment laws by
- drafting and revising handbooks,
- conducting employee training and investigations,
- and providing guidance to business owners on numerous legal matters.
We are experienced in handling cases from beginning to end, ie., from when a case may come before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or a Complaint is filed in court, through discovery, trial and appeal.
If you have an employment issue, contact Woodard Law to see how we can help.
Articles on Employment Law
- How Does a Court in Mississippi Decide Which Parent Gets Custody of the Kids in a Divorce?Child custody issues are generally decided by the “best interest of the child” standard. But how do family law courts decide what the best interest […]
- I Want to Get a Divorce. What Do I Need to Know NOW?I represent clients in both Alabama and Mississippi. In both states, if both spouses agree to get divorced and agree to the property/monetary division and […]
- How Does Joint Child Custody Work?There are two types of child custody: legal and physical. Joint Legal Custody Joint legal custody gives the parties shared decision-making authority with regard to […]