Nothing is more important to you than your family. When you need an attorney to help you in a situation involving you or a close family member, you need a knowledgeable attorney to treat you without judgment and with compassion.
Woodard Law Firm handles a variety of family law matters, including:
- Uncontested Divorce (when both parties agree to get a divorce)
- Fault and No-fault divorces
- Child Custody and Modifications
- Child Support and Modifications
- Alimony and Property Division
- Legal Name Changes
- Grandparents’/Guardianship Rights
- Other matters which can occur in Chancery Court
If you have needs in any of the legal areas listed above, call Woodard Law for trustworthy representation. Located in Columbus, MS, we represent clients in both Mississippi and Alabama.
Family Law Articles
- How Does a Court in Mississippi Decide Which Parent Gets Custody of the Kids in a Divorce?Child custody issues are generally decided by the “best interest of the child” standard. But how do family law courts decide what the best interest… Read more: How Does a Court in Mississippi Decide Which Parent Gets Custody of the Kids in a Divorce?
- I Want to Get a Divorce. What Do I Need to Know NOW?I represent clients in both Alabama and Mississippi. In both states, if both spouses agree to get divorced and agree to the property/monetary division and… Read more: I Want to Get a Divorce. What Do I Need to Know NOW?
- How Does Joint Child Custody Work?There are two types of child custody: legal and physical. Joint Legal Custody Joint legal custody gives the parties shared decision-making authority with regard to… Read more: How Does Joint Child Custody Work?