My name is Stephanie Smith Woodard and I am a native of Jacksonville, Alabama, where I still love to call home and have wonderful memories and friends.
After graduating from Jacksonville High School in 1994, I attended The University of Alabama (UA) in Tuscaloosa, graduating magna cum laude, with a B.A. in Political Science with a minor in English.
While an undergraduate at UA, I was a member of Alpha Gamma Delta sorority and Phi Beta Kappa, and served as Assistant Director of The Community Service Center, an outreach-based organization at the university.
In 1997 I began my legal studies at The University of Alabama School of Law. I enjoyed serving as a junior editor of The Law and Psychology Review and a member of the James A. Campbell Moot Court Board. I worked as a research assistant to Professor Pamela Bucy and was a Lexis-Nexis student representative. It was in law school where I met my husband, Jason Woodard.
Jason and I graduated in 2000 from law school and moved to Birmingham, Alabama. I started my legal career at the law firm of Arendall and Associates, an employment boutique firm. After the birth of my children, I began working for myself as a principal and had the opportunity to work with numerous, successful attorneys over the next several years.
In 2013, my family moved to Columbus, Mississippi when Jason was appointed the Chief Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Mississippi. I continued representing clients in Alabama while I worked to obtain my Mississippi law license. In 2019, I was sworn in as a member of the Mississippi State Bar Association and in October of that year, opened Woodard Law Firm, LLC.
Located in Columbus, MS, Woodard Law Firm represents clients in Alabama and Mississippi in several areas of the law: family law, general litigation, prescription drug litigation, employment law, real estate closings, and personal injury. I am dedicated to your needs and give you the personal attention you deserve.
Unlike a big firm that may hand you off to support staff, you will obtain my attention and over 22 years of experience to the details of your case. I will represent you like a friend or family member. Please call me if I can be of legal help to you.
Associations and Organizations:
- Alabama and Mississippi Bar Associations
- Lowndes County Bar Association
- President, January, 2020-2022
- Birmingham, Alabama Bar Association
- Community Service Committee Chair
- Women’s Section Sub-Committee Chair
- Admitted to Practice in All State and Federal Courts in Mississippi and Alabama
- Member of First United Methodist Church of Columbus, Mississippi
- Vacation Bible School Volunteer
- 3-5 grade Sunday School Teacher
- Chancel Choir Member
- Stephen Ministry Certification for Lay Counseling
- Junior Auxiliary of Columbus
- Active member, 2018-present
- Education chair, 2018-2019
- Committee chair, 2019-2020
- United Way of Lowndes County, Mississippi
- Executive Board, 2021-present